It is one of the most common errors where the hp computer turns on but no display on the monitor or keyboard. You will see the lights on the computer case and you might see the fans running from inside, may hear the sound as well, but nothing comes on-screen. If your computer is showing up the information on the monitor but it is still booting up then this article will help you to fix the issues with the troubleshooting guide. So, let’s get started with the common fixes!
Why your hp computer won’t turn on?
If you see the light of the monitor remains turned off, then the monitor is not receiving the power from the outlet or the power adapter. If you have a flat panel LCD monitor then you need to unplug the monitor power cable and wait for about 30 seconds, just reconnect the cable and then turn on the monitor. Doing this will reset the monitor or the device you are currently operating.
What are the steps to deal with the computer turns on but no display error?
- First of all, you need to test your monitor.
- Verify that your PC has restarted completely.
- Troubleshoot the cause of the beep code.
- Clear the CMOS.
- You need to verify that the power supply voltage switch is set correctly.
- Reseat everything possible inside the PC.
- You need to reset the CPU only if you suspect that it might have loose or might install the property.
- Check for the signs of the electrical shorts inside the computer.
- Reseat the CPU only if you suspect that it might have come loose or might not have been installed properly.
- Test your power supply.
- Start your computer with essential hardware only.
- Reinstall each piece of hardware and test the computer hardware using the Power On self-test card.
- Replace each piece of essential hardware in your computer with an identical spare piece.
- If you do not have a Postcard or spare parts to swap in and out.
What if you see a black screen when you start up your computer?
If your computer or PC is not booting up, you will get a black screen, so you need to make sure that your computer is actually turned all the way when you press the power button. This is applicable to both desktops and laptops. Just tap on the Power button and then listen to the computer and watch its LEDs. Remember, while you do this, the computer fans should be turned on and making noises. By this, you also know that you need to fix the issue when the computer turns on but no display. So, you have to follow the steps for the same in order.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is a very common issue where you see a computer turns on but no display. However, we hope that this article has given you enough information to fix up the issue. But, if you still unclear about the steps to be followed or you are stuck up somewhere in between then it is suggested that you should visit the official website and get in touch with the hp support team for customers who are available round the clock to assist you with the best possible solution.