If you are suffering from a situation where HP laptop screen black then you don’t need to panic. In this article, we will let you know about the HP laptop black screen issue and what measures you can take if my HP laptop computer screen is black when I turn it on. This situation usually occurs once the windows operating system gets updated.
Whether you are stuck in the situation where you are suffering from HP laptop screen goes black randomly or the HP back screen of death you just need to follow the instructions that are guided in this article. Remember, the solutions given in this article are applicable for Windows 10, HP Pavilion laptop, HP notebook, HP envy laptop or the HP Stream laptop even after update.
How to fix HP laptop screen black issue on Windows 10?
If you suffer from HP laptop black screen after login then you can follow the methods that are briefly given in this section. Here are some of them:
- Perform a hard reset for your HP laptop or PC.
- Just restart the explorer.exe process.
- Update the graphics driver you have installed.
- Try to disable the fast startup.
- Make sure you undo the recent changes.
Point to remember: HP laptop black screen with cursor can be easily fixed if you are logged in to the Windows account to try the solutions.
How to deal with HP laptop black screen with cursor?
There are different methods to fix the HP laptop screen black issue, you just need to follow some of the methods that are elaborated in the sections given below:
Method 1: Perform a hard reset for your HP laptop or PC.
- In the first step, you have to turn off your HP laptop.
- Now, just remove the hard drives and the attached to the devices.
- Just press and keep holding the power button for 60 seconds.
- Once you release the power button then put the battery back to the charger.
- Now boot your laptop again to see if it works fine or not.
Note: If the hp laptop black screen persists then try for the other solutions that are applicable for Windows 10 operating systems.
Method 2: Just restart the explorer.exe process
- Firstly, press the Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys at the same time to open the “Task Manager” tab.
- Tap the “Details” tab and then scroll down the “explorer.exe process”.
- Now, you have to just tap on the “End Task” button and then restart your HP laptop.
- Once done, just restart your HP laptop to see whether you were able to fix the issue or not.
Method 3: Update the graphics driver you have installed
- In the first step, you have to download and then install the Driver Easy.
- Just run the “Driver Easy” and then click on the “Scan Now” button. After this, the Driver Easy will initiate to start and detect the issue.
- Just click on the “Update” button to start the auto-download option.
- Just click on the “Update All” option to proceed further.
- Once it is updated, just restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Try to disable the fast startup.
- First of all, you have to open the “Control Panel” and then go to the “Control Panel items” displayed on the screen.
- Tap on the “Power” button and go on the “Options” tab.
- Next, you have to select and click on the “Choose what power buttons do” option.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- Just untick the option labeled as “Turn on fast startup (recommended) and then click on the “Save Changes” option.
- Just restart your computer to see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5: Undoing the recent changes
- Firstly you have to open the control panel and then tap on the “system and security” option.
- Followed by this, you have to click on the “System and System protection and to the System Restore” option.
- Tap on the “Restore point” that appears on the list and then follow the on-screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this post helps you to fix the HP laptop screen black. However, if you still face the related issue then we recommend you visit the HP Support assistant page via the official HP webpage. There you will get assistance from the professionals and experts to resolve your queries.
Frequently asked questions
Why does my laptop screen keep going blank?
If your laptop screen keeps going randomly then there can be two reasons: First reason being the incompatible display driver software and another can be a failing backlight that means there is a hardware issue. Just connect your HP laptop to the external monitor and check the issue so that you get to know what is the actual fault.
When I start up my computer the screen is black?
If your computer is black and not responding then it isn’t booting. You just need to make sure that the computer turns all you when you press the “Power” button. This process applies to both desktop and the laptops. Now, just press the “Power” button and then you have to listen and watch the action over your laptop screen.
Why is my computer not displaying?
If your computer is not displaying anything, then you have to check if your monitor is working properly or not. Now, you have to check the “Power” light to see whether it is turned on or not. If the monitor won’t turn on, you have to unplug the power adapter of your monitor and then plug it into the power outlet.