If you are facing hp Officejet pro 8600, 8610, 8620, 8630, 8635 printhead error on your respective HP printers then you should not worry as this is one of the common error faced by HP printers. This error message appears on the printer’s control panel display that states that “The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed.” As a result, the users cannot print anything and they feel frustrated. In this article, we will discuss the solutions to fix this error. So, let’s get started!
How to fix the “Missing or Failed Printhead” Error?
Here we have the elaborated steps to fix hp Officejet pro 8600, 8610, 8620, 8630, 8635 printhead error:
- First of all, you need to try to reset the HP printer, switch on the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord at the wall.
- Wait for a while and then plug the printer.
- Plug the power cable to the back for your printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Reseat the HP Printer’s printhead
- There are some users that might need to reset the printer’s printhead.
- Users need to open the cartridge access door by pulling the slot.
- Pull the power cable out from the back of the printer to unplug it.
- Lift the latch upon the right of the carriage.
- Pull the printhead slightly out of the carriage, remove it from the carriage.
- Place the printhead firmly so that carriage is fully seated.
- Flick the carriage latch down before closing the cartridge access door.
- Users can insert the power cable back to the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
It is one of the important steps to fix hp Officejet pro 8600, 8610, 8620, 8630, 8635 printhead error, to clean the ink cartridges can resolve the error. To do this, you need to remove the ink cartridges from the printhead and gently wipe the cartridges with a lint-free cloth and distilled water. Dry the cartridges with copper contacts before inserting them back into the printer.
- You need to make sure that the printer has the latest HO firmware.
- Open the “Software and Driver Downloads” page for the HP printers on a browser.
- Tap on the “Printers” section and enter the required model number and tap on the “Submit” button.
- Now, expand the firmware category on the printer’s software page.
- Tap on the “Download” option and save the firmware listed on the folder.
- Open the folder which includes the downloaded firmware.
- Just open the firmware file to install the latest firmware.
Remember, if nothing helps to fix the hp Officejet pro 8600, 8610, 8620, 8630, 8635 printhead error then you need to replace the cartridges. Make sure the replacement is with the HP cartridge pack. You can also run a system scan to discover the potential errors:
- Tap on the “Start Scan” to find the Windows issues.
- Just click on the “Repair all: option to fix the issues with Patented Technologies.
- Run the PC scan with the Repair tool to find the errors that are causing security problems and slowdowns.
- Once the scanning is completed, the repair process will replace the damaged files with the fresh Windows files.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
This article has shown you some of the fixes that might resolve the hp Officejet pro 8600, 8610, 8620, 8630, 8635 printhead error. However, there are some users who should replace the printheads. The users with the printhead issues with warranties can get the printhead setup from HP. If you still have queries related to the topic then you can visit the HP Support webpage or you can download the HP Printer Assistant driver to scan and fix the issues, the customer support tea, is available 24×7 to assist you.