If the HP printer suddenly stopped printing then don’t panic, it is one of the common issues that can occur in most of the printers. This issue can occur due to various reasons that range from connectivity issues to faulty drivers. If you are looking for the right solution for troubleshooting the HP printer won’t print error then this article will provide you many solutions that will help you to fix the error. So, if the HP printer not printing black color or facing hp printer won’t print then this article will surely help you.
Perform the basic troubleshooting steps
You can perform the troubleshooting steps when you find that the HP printer has encountered with the hp printer won’t print. Remember, you can check the status of the connection between your printer and computer. Just make sure that all the devices are connected with each other. You can also restart the HP printer. For this, you can turn off the device and unplug the power cord and then plug back the printer.
Update or reinstall the printer driver
If the hp printer not printing black color then follow the steps to update or reinstall the printer driver.
- First of all download and install the Driver easily from the official website. After this, run the Driver Easy and tap on the Scan Now option.
- The Driver Easy will then scan the computer and detect the issues if any.
- Tap on the “Update” button on the HP printer to download the latest driver.
- Remember, tap on the “Update All” option that will automatically update the drivers.
- You can choose to uninstall the driver using the Driver Easy.
- Just open the Driver Easy and select Tools option.
- Select the “Driver Uninstall” option and then you will see the list of drivers.
- Select the HP printer driver and tap on the “Uninstall” option.
Set the HP Printer as default
When you are trying to print from the printer, the computer will automatically assign the printing tasks to the default printer until you select the purpose of the printer. So, if the HP printer won’t print error will persist then you have to follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the “Windows logo” key and R key on the keyboard to open the “Run” dialog box.
- On the dialog box and type “Control” and press the “Enter” key.
- Open the Control panel and select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Go in the “Printers” section and right tap on the HP Printer and select the “Set as default printer” option.
- Tap on the “Yes” option if prompted on-screen.
Cancel all the printing jobs in the queue
There is a possibility that the hp printer not printing black color is occurred due to the stuck printing command queue. The Printing queue contains the failing print jobs that can stop the functioning of the printer. You can clear all the printing jobs in order to get back to the normal state. Just follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the “Devices and Printers” in the Control panel.
- Now, right tap on the HP Printer from the “Printers” section and select the “See what’s printing” option.
- Open the “Printer” menu and select the “Open as administrator” option.
- After this, open the “Printer” menu and select the “Cancel all documents” option.
- Just tap on the “Confirm” to confirm your action.
- Congratulations! You have successfully canceled all the printing tasks, now check and see it can work normally.
Check the printer status
If you have tried every possible permutation an combinations to fix the hp printer won’t print then there is the issue in the printer. Make sure that the HP printer has the paper lined up, ink or toner is set and there is no paper jamming issue. You also need to ensure that the status of the printer cartridge is placed right and you can try to replace it if it’s not good enough. There are some HP cases that stop the printer to print such as issues in the printing parts. If this is the case then it is recommended to install the original one and see whether the problem is fixed or not. Remember, you can also get your printer serviced.
In the end, we could just hope that the article above has helped you enough to resolve or fix the hp printer won’t print error with no future interruptions. However, it is recommended to get in touch with the HP customer support for further assistance or you can get the printer repaired. We also recommend you visit the HP Support webpage or download the HP Printer assistant driver to fix the issues.
Frequently asked questions:
Why is my hp wireless printer not printing?
The possible cause behind Hp wireless printer, not printing is the stuck print queue. He print queue contains the filed printing jobs that can stop the functioning normally and lead to the printing issues. Remember, you can clear all the printing jobs to fix this issue. Just open the “Devices and Printers” option from the Control panel and follow instructions.
How do I get my HP printer to print?
For this, choose the content and open the document or photo that you wish to print and tap on the menu icon and open the “Print” option. Now, select the printer and tap on the “Print” option. Make sure the printer is selected and the print settings are correct. You can then print and relax, just tap on the “Print” button to print.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
First of all, make sure that the printer is turned on and the paper is in the tray. The next step is to check the printer cable is connected properly to both the computer and printer. If the error still persists then make sure the printer is not set in an offline mode. Just go to the “Start” tab and tap on the “Printers and Faxes” option and follow the on-screen instructions that pop up on the screen of devices.