There are certain HP laptops or all-in-one computers that come with an in-built webcam feature that you can use in order to capture the still images, video motion, and many more. Be it HP Pavilion Laptop, HP Envy Laptop, or hp spectre x360 laptops there is a webcam feature that is a video input device that is almost on the same parameters as scanner or camera. There are two most common types of hp webcam driver software which are used with webcams are Internet messaging software and video editing software.
However, there are certain issues that might occur while working with Webcam. One of the common errors such as “hp webcam not working” error occurs when you use the webcam feature. In this article, you will get the essential steps to fix when hp webcam not working. So, without any further discussion let us start the topic and understand how you can fix the error when you see hp webcam not working.
What are the steps for HP Webcam Troubleshooting?
Some of the fixes for hp webcam not working on Windows 10, here are the steps for the same:
- Change your camera privacy settings: The Windows operating system enables you to change the privacy settings to access the camera on your HP laptop for this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the Windows logo key and enter “Camera” on the search bar.
- After this, tap on the “Camera privacy settings” option.
- Toggle on the option labeled as “Allow apps to access your camera”.
- Just scroll down and go to the “Choose which apps can access your camera” option.
- Toggle on the “ALL the apps you want access to camera” option.
- After this, close the window pane and test whether the “hp webcam not working” still persist or not.
- You can update the camera driver: This problem occurs if you are using a faulty camera or it’s not updated. So, you need to update the camera driver to fix the issues. If you do not have enough time to update, then you can update it automatically with Driver Easy, for this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the Driver Easy website.
- After this, Download and install the Driver Easy.
- Now, run the driver easy and tap on the “Scan Now” button.
- The Driver easy will then scan the computer along with performing detection of issues.
- Tap on the “Update All” option to download and install the correct version.
- You can also tap on the “Update” option for free.
- Just restart the computer for saving the changes.
- After this, check the laptop camera to check whether the problem is fixed or not.
- Just reinstall the camera driver: It is possible that the camera driver is corrupted or you see hp webcam not working. To fix this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the “Windows logo” and R and enter “devmgmt.msc” and tap on the “Enter” key.
- Double-tap on the “Cameras” to see the Camera device in use.
- Just right-tap on the “Camera device” and tap on the “Uninstall device”.
- Tap on the “Yes” option to confirm.
- Just restart your computer and press the “Windows logo” key and R.
- Tap on the “Action” option after this go to the “Scan for hardware changes” option.
- Just check the camera and see if hp webcam not working error still persist on-screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end, we just hope that you are able to fix the hp webcam not working error by now. However,
if you any queries, suggestions, or questions related to the topic then we recommend you visit the official HP Assistant customer support website and get best-in-quality assistance in no time.