If your computer can’t find a wireless printer then this error is due to a situation when you are initially trying to set up a connection and it can also occur when you are attempting to use a wireless printer that is in connection. Remember, the printer will not appear in the list that is available for printers and devices when it is performing a search. In this article, we will discuss the essentials related to the computer can’t find wireless printer error. So, let’s get started!
What are the possible causes behind computer doesn’t recognize the network printer?
The most common and easily resolved reason for the issue that is the printer is offline. However, there could be various other factors, including these following:
- Disabled windows settings
- Network issues exist
- Updates are required
- The printer is not connected to the network correctly
- The printer is not added to the Homegroup
How to fix a computer that doesn’t recognize a network printer?
To fix this, you just need to reboot the software. If it does not allow you to connect, check the settings, install the updates and other issues then you need to follow the steps given below:
- You have to restart the Windows system. Now, restart the router and modem too.
- Go through the printer manufacturer’s instructions and update the Printer’s firmware.
- Look through the menu options on the printer to update the device.
- Download any new version of the printer firmware that detects and it.
- This process requires you to reboot the printer.
- Download and install any available Windows updates.
- If prompted, you need to allow you to restart.
- Repeat the processes till you see a message that says no updates are available.
- Update the printer drivers in Windows.
- Driver update software may require you to remove the current drivers so you need to be prepared as a part of the process.
- Update the router’s firmware to fix the connection problems.
- Select the alternative network connection methods in the printer’s admin settings.
- You might also enable universal plug and play settings on the router.
- Again, this will be the setting in the router’s administrative settings.
- Most often this is a simple checkbox option that is enabled or not.
- Connect the wifi network and configure it as a “Private” network in Windows.
In a conclusive viewpoint: We hope that you now can fix the error when the printer connected to wifi but the computer can’t find it mac or hopefully, these solutions will help you to deal with the computer can’t find the wireless printer. However, if still computer doesn’t recognize the network printer, then we recommend you to visit HP official website or download the hp assistant via the official website to fix the error.
Frequently answered questions-
How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless printer?
- Open the “Windows search” bar and type the “Printer” option.
- Select the “Printers & Scanners” option.
- Tap on the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Select the printer that is not listed.
- Choose the option labeled as “Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Select the connected printer from the list.
Can wireless printers work without WiFi?
An internet connection is not required as the router handles the communication between the devices on the local network. Even if the web access is unavailable, the wifi-enabled printers can be easily used as normal, provided the router and the wireless adaptors on the network are correctly functioning.