The moment you send documents to print there is an error that says “Printer in error state”. This is a very common error in which the HP printer is in the error state message on your Windows 10 and Mac operating system. If you have HP envy 7640 printer then the error message pops-up the moment you turn off or not connected with the PC by WiFi. If the HP printer in error state then you need to check for the Printer’s paper and ink to make sure there is no paper jamming issue. With the help of HP chat, you can get the actual idea to cope up with the issue. On the website, you will get topmost HP Printer assistant to connect with you and resolve your queries.
The hp printer in error state issue arises when the printer has no paper or ink or the printer is suffering from paper jamming issues or it is not connected properly. So, whatever the reason is you don’t need to worry if this error comes on your printer. In this article, you will get the desired steps to resolve the “HP printer in error state” that will help you to fix the error. So, don’t get disheartened just follow the instructions carefully that are to be discussed in the article.
Fix the printer in error state in Windows 10
- First of all, check the Printer’s connection and restart the device.
- Now, check whether the Printer is Online or not.
- Tap on the “Start” button and choose the option labeled as “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Now, you have to check whether the printer is online or offline. Remember, if the printer is online you will see “Ready” on-screen.
- Just set the printer online by right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online” option.
- Doing this will change the display screen to “Ready”. You just need to make sure the paper is loaded on a tray.
Fix the printer in error state in Mac or iOS
- Just remember, you cannot see the printer in your device or you will get the notification regarding the missing Mac on HP printers.
- You cannot see that your printer is in the device or you get the notification regarding the missing HP printers.
- In the next step, you may get the message that the software is not available.
- Remember the Mac or iOS is showing that there is some problem to the printer.
- In order to get rid of the printer just check the printer what is causing this issue or contact the manufacturer.
How to fix Printer in an error state in Air-Print enabled Mac device
- First of all, restart the Wi-Fi router and then restart the printer.
- Now, you can bring the printer close to the Wi-Fi router.
- In the third step, you have to update your wi-fi and the printer with the latest version.
- In the end, just update the software for the Mac or iOS device.
HP printer in error state for Mac operating system
- Firstly, you need to disconnect the cable from your printer that is connected to the Mac device.
- You now have to turn off the HP printer.
- Remember, you need to get the latest software update on your Mac and it will automatically download the latest version of the software.
- You need to turn on the printer and wait till it gets started. Now you have reconnected the printer with Mac.
- Just select the “Apple” menu and go to the System preferences and tap on the “Printers& Scanners”.
- In the end, you have to select the printer as given in the list.
If you do not find your printer in the list of printers then you can tap on (+) and select the command to add the printer or the scanner. In this article, there is every possible step to fix the printer in an error state issue. However, if you still face problems with the steps in this article then we strongly suggest you visit the HP Support webpage and get assistance for the same.
Frequently answered questions
What do I do if my HP printer is in error state?
You have to tap on the “Uninstall” option and on the Windows, you have to search for it and then open the “Devices and Printers” option. After this, go to the “Devices and Printers” pane and search for the “HP Printer”. Remember, if you see the option listed then right tap on it and select the option labeled as “Delete” or “Remove Device” option.
What causes printer error?
The most prominent reason for the printing error to occur is the connection between the printer and the computer. If you are sure that the cable is working okay then the problem is with the drivers. This can be easily defined as printer drivers or the USB port drivers.
Why am I getting a printer error?
If you are getting a printer error then there may be a problem with the printer itself. You need to make sure that the printer is turned in and it is connected to the PC with Wi-Fi or cable network. You need to check it for the low ink or paper and remember to be sure that the cover is not open and the paper is not jammed in.
How do I fix printer status error?
The first and foremost thing is to cancel any print jobs that are in the printing queue. After this, it is very much important to switch off the printer and restart the printer again to check the paper in your printer or see if the error persists on-screen or not. Doing this will help you to fix the printer status error without any further interruptions.
Why does my HP printer Say error?
The most common issue is associated with the driver or printer cable issues. Remember, turning off the printer and watching over the error message to disappear can help. There might be a hardware problem which is one of the reasons for the error message to persist. This can also indicate a paper jamming issue and this code can be removed by following the guidance on the printer.