There is no one reason behind one forgetting the password of the laptop. Anyways, if you wish to unlock an HP laptop and you have forgotten the password then this article will help you. To know how to unlock HP Laptop forgot password is the main concern when your data is on stake. Are you worried about the data loss or are you afraid to break the computer because you do not know the basics about the computers? Well, there are many ways by which you can Unlock HP Laptop Forgot Admin Password without losing your data over Windows 10, Windows 8, and even on the Windows 7 operating system. Let us discuss the topic to some useful ways to unlock an HP laptop without any error.
Way 1: Unlock HP Laptop Forgot Password by the super admin password
Remember, if you have lost your password and then you are prompted with the message “I forgot password on HP laptop windows 10, how do I proceed?” then the “Super admin account” is very helpful and remember this feature is available on the Windows 10 and Windows 8 operating system. This one is the hidden feature that is only activated if you are locked out in order to unlock a hp laptop. So, to unlock the HP Laptop Forgot Password by super admin password follow the steps given below:
- First of all, restart the “HP laptop” and wait for the login window to appear on-screen.
- After this, tap on the “Shift” button 5 times in a row to activate the “SAA” option.
- Now, you have to access Windows 10, 8, and 7 operating systems via SAC and then visit the “Control Panel” window.
- Tap the “User Profile” button and look for the locked user account.
- Now, find the user account and change the password and reboot the laptop.
Point to remember: Once the laptop restarts, you can easily access the user account with the new associated password. However, if you are using the older version of Windows then this is one of the features that will stay unavailable to you. So, if you are thinking to unlock a hp laptop on your Windows 7 and higher version then this will help you.
You can also view: How to factory reset HP laptop?
Way 2: Unlock a hp laptop using the third-party tool
If you see the “I forgot my password on my hp laptop windows 7″. So, if you are using Windows 7 user or using Windows 10 and Windows 8 operating system then you can unlock a hp laptop using the third-party tool. You just need to follow the steps given below:
- Once you have installed the software just launch and insert the Windows Password disc.
- Tap on the “Next” button and wait for the password disc to burn.
- Now, unplug the disc and inset to the locked computer and restart the computer.
- After this, you need to press the “F9” button to enter the boot menu as depicted on-screen.
- Once you have entered you need to tap on the disc name and tap on the “Enter” button to “Save and Exit” button.
- You will see the “PassFab 4 WinKey” window and then tap on the option to select the Windows system.
- In the next step, you have to select the options to complete the process for the “Reset Account Password” button to reset the HP laptop password.
- Once you have entered the password, then you can restart your computer and then enter the password to get into your PC.
In a conclusive viewpoint: The process to unlock a hp laptop will take around 10 minutes and you do not need to do anything extra to your PC or computer. If you do not wish to pay for extra services then we recommend you consider the two ways to unlock a hp laptop without any interruptions. However, if you are still stuck in between the process for Unlock HP Laptop Forgot Password then visit the official HP support website for assistance.
Frequently asked questions
How do I unlock my HP computer if I forgot my password?
For this, you need to restart your computer and tap on the “F8” button repeatedly and go to the menu and select the “Safe” mode. Visit the “Administrator” option in the Username field and leave the password blank. You have to be logged in the safe mode. Just go to the “Control Panel” and then go to the “User Accounts” and choose the account for which you want to reset the password. Now change the password and enter the same to unlock the HP computer.
How do you bypass a password on an HP laptop?
First of all, restart the computer and tap on the “F8” button and now select the “Safe mode” option and go to the “Administrator” in the “Username” field. Now, login to the Safe mode and go to the “Control Panel” option followed by a tap on the “User Accounts”. Now, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
How do you unlock an HP laptop without the password?
You have to insert the “Password reset disc” to your HP laptop and then start it until you see the login screen. On the “Password” screen you have to enter any incorrect password and then tap on the “Enter” button. After this, you will see the popup messaged that says “Password is incorrect”. Below this tab, you will see the option to “Reset the password”. Follow the instructions and now you can enter the newly set password and unlock the HP Laptop.