HP Printers are worldwide renowned for excellent printing, advanced features, hi-end performance, and superior functionality. With the availability of various models and types, computer users have complete freedom to choose a printer that fulfills their specific printing requirements. If you already have an HP printer, and looking out for the steps to check ink levels, then this article is for you.
(It is necessary to keep an eye on toner levels or check ink cartridge levels regularly to avoid common printing related issues such as faded or missed prints. These issues occur when your printer is low on ink.)
How to check toner levels or ink from the printer’s Control Panel?
HP Photosmart 5510 printer, HP Officejet Pro, HP DeskJet 2130, and other top HP printers display ink and toner levels on the control panel. To check the same, all you have to do the following:
- On the Control Panel, find any of the followings (Depending on the model number):
- An Ink Drop icon
- A Cartridge icon
- An Ink Levels menu
- A Toner Level indicator
- Touch or press the icon, and you can check color ink levels
How to check ink or toner levels in Windows?
There are a number of ways to check ink cartridge levels in Windows 10, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Check out below for detailed information on the same:
- HP Smart app or application: Please note that this way of checking ink levels works for Windows 10 computer systems. For this, go to the Windows Store and download the HP smart app. Once the application downloads and installs, add your printer, and you can view ink levels on the home screen of the app.
- HP Printer Software- HP also offers specialized software to help its users to maintain their printer without any hassle. One such software is HP Printer Assistant; it is available in all the printers manufactured after 2009.
But, if it is not there, then you can get it from the HP website. It automatically checks ink levels and helps in performing other jobs. To find it, you can use the Cortana search option in Windows 10. If you are using any other version of Windows, then go to the menu and search it manually or by typing its name in the search bar.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor- Get this software from the HP website. Now, open it and choose your printer in the top menu bar. Select Supply Levels to check ink cartridge levels.
How to check ink or toner levels in Mac?
You can use the HP Printer software to do the same. Here are the steps:
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Now, choose Printer and Scanner, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan
- Choose your printer from the list
- Now, select Order & Supplies
- Click the Supplies tab, and it will show you the remaining ink
For further information on your printer ink levels or the way to check it on Windows or Mac computer, contact the HP Support team.