HP Printers are laced with wireless technology allowing you to connect HP Printer to your Wi-Fi router. If you are using a Wi-Fi router to access the network on your HP Printer and you have changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or changed the network name or password then your printer cannot connect to your local network. In such a case you will need to visit the wireless network section of your HP Printer to fix this issue. Today we are discussing the method to fix the HP Printer wireless not working issue; stay with us.
Method to connect a printer with touchscreen control panel
If you have an HP Printer with a touchscreen control panel then follow the steps to fix HP wireless printer problems. Use the wireless setup wizard feature from the printer control panel as it will help you to connect your printer to your local Wi-Fi network.
- Try to place the HP Printer near the router
- Check if the paper is loaded in the main tray
- Then, turn on your HP Printer by plugging it into the AC power source
- Now, head to the control panel of your printer and then select the Wireless settings
- Then, tap on “Wireless Setup Wizards” from the Wireless option
- Now, choose your wireless network address and then enter the password of your router
- Then, submit the changes and wait for few seconds
- Finally, the HP Printer will be connected to your Wi-Fi router network
Note: In case the wireless setup wizard is not listed then select the Wi-Fi protected setup or WPS, select the push button and follow instructions to connect your HP Printer to the local network.
Method to connect a printer without touch screen to network
If your printer does not have a touch screen panel then in such case you need to follow the steps mentioned below to connect your HP Printer.
- Place your HP Printer near the router
- Ensure that paper is loaded in the main tray and then turn on the printer
- Now, look for the WPS button that should be available on the control panel
- And, long-press the wireless button for at least 5 seconds or until the lights starts blinking
- If you are using Tango Printers then press and hold the wireless and power buttons until the blue bar flashes
- Now, press the WPS button again if the process is completed to connect HP Printer to your network
Method to connect a printer to the network using an HP Smart App
In this method, we will use the HP Smart app to connect the printer to your local network. Follow the steps that are given below to fix the wireless HP Printer not working.
- Download the HP Smart app from 123.hp/com (Android, iOS, iPadOS)
- Then, prepare the HP Printer for a wireless network connection
- Then, press the wireless and cancel button together and hold it until the wireless and power lights blink
- Now, within the two hours, follow the steps in the HP Smart app and try to add the printer and set up the wireless connection
Note: If you are still facing the HP Printer wireless not working issue with your HP Printer then you can also take the help of HP Assistant or HP Printer Assistant.
To sum up, if your HP Printer has been disconnected from your local router then you can reconnect it by approaching the different methods. The method which you should use to fix the HP Printer wireless not working will depend on the type of HP Printer that you are using. If your HP Printer does not have touch screen then you can connect your printer to your network by using the WPS button. In this post, we have mentioned the different method to fix the HP Printer wireless not working issue.