For those who are not aware of what is HP BIOS update and how can you update it automatically using the HP Support Assistant? This article will help you to understand this term in a more simplified manner. HP Bios update is a basic input and an output system, where the BIOS chip processes all the other devices that are present in your PC, such as CPU, Motherboard, and GPU.
Do you really need to update HP BIOS?
If you are looking for a hp pavilion notebook bios update, then it is important to understand that BIOS update will not help you in making your computer fast, they generally don’t make much difference and won’t add new features to your need. There can be the changes that there come some additional problems with the update. In case, there is a need to improvise the new version of Windows 10 in your laptops and notebooks then only it is recommended to perform hp bios update.
How to update BIOS automatically?
You can automatically update the BIOS using the HP Support Assistant utility driver. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You have to search and open the HP Support Assistant from your desktop.
- Now go to the “My Devices” tab and search for your computer’s name and then click on the “Updates” option.
- You now have to click on the “Check for updates and messages” tab in order to get the latest updates.
- You have to wait till the time the HP Support assistant is working.
- If there are new BIOS available then you just need to click on the checkbox that is visible next to the BIOS update, and then you have to click on the “Download and Install” option.
- Once HP Support Assistant finishes the process you just need to close the tool.
Note: These steps are also applicable for HP pavilion notebook bios update.
How to perform the HP bios update and recovery download?
To update HP BIOS, we have already discussed the steps above. However, for recovery download here are the steps mentioned below:-
- You can do the recovery by using a key combination, for which you have to first turn off the computer and then connect the power cord to it.
- Then you have to press and hold the Windows key and the “B key” at the same time. Now simultaneously hold the “Power” button for about 2-3 seconds.
- Now you have to release the “Power” button but keep pressing the “Windows” along with the “B” Key.
- By now, you will hear a prompting sound of beep in continuity.
To sum up:
It is important to update the HP BIOS if you want to improvise the new versions of HP that you have downloaded on your laptops or notebooks. In case, you face any error while performing the steps described in the article, it is recommended to download HP Scan Doctor driver on your devices.