HP has recently introduced its range of HP ImagePad with multi-touch gesture support. As the name itself suggests, that it is a series of a laptop with a touchpad that supports multi-finger gestures which means using the four fingers of your hand, you can easily do certain specific things. It allows you to scroll on the screen, zoom in and out the display, and navigate as well by simply touching the touchpad or the TrackPad. These features are available in HP Spectre x360.
What is HP multi-touch gesture support?
This means the upcoming range of HP laptops will feature and support the multi-touch gestures. It will also have HP Support Assistant Included in it so that you can use this feature easily and will also fix various problems with HP PC and printers. If this feature is not automatically enabled, then you may have to do it manually by navigating to “Mouse & touchpad” properties.
How to install HP Windows precision drivers?
- Open the “Device Manager” of your device.
- Go to the “Mice and other pointing devices” category and then right-click on the “Synaptics or ELAN touchpad device” option.
- Further, select the “Update driver” command.
- Now, you have to click on the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
- When a new page opens, click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- After this, tap on the “Have Disk” button.
- When the “Install from Disk” window opens, click on the “Browse” button.
- After this, you have to locate the Synaptics or ELAN Precision Touchpad drivers’ folder.
- When you do this, select “Autorun.inf” followed by tapping on “Open” and “OK”.
- Consecutively, tap on “Synaptics Pointing Device” or “ELAN Pointing Device” option and click “Next”.
- When a warning message appears on your screen, click on the “Yes” button.
- This action will install the driver on your device but this should be followed by restarting your system.
What is the difference between touchscreen and multi-touch?
Nowadays, there are many PCs available in the market which supports the touchscreen feature. This is similar to the mobile screen on which we can touch and give the desired commands. The same is the case with HP PCs that support touchscreen and multi-touch gestures. N the other hand, multi-touch means you can touch the touchpad of your PC in multiple ways to complete a certain task such as zooming, navigating and so on. The HP touchpad support multi-touch gestures without on-off button and use these buttons you need to enable it. For doing this, locate the on/off button that is towards the top left corner and double-tap on it to enable and disable it. This feature is available in Windows 10 PC including HP Pavilion 17-e031sa Notebook.