Before we move on to know how to use an HP Wireless Assistant, we should know what it is and for what purpose we use it. This wireless assistant is in no way similar to HP Support Assistant and its mechanism is slightly different as well. The wireless assistant has been specifically developed for HP notebooks to keep a check on the connections to the notebook’s wireless card or cards. Using this, you can manage the wireless wide area networks that are also known as WWAN and other Bluetooth connected devices. Moreover, it also displays the status of all the wireless devices so that you can enable or disable the wireless devices of your choice.
HP Wireless Assistant Download
As a part of the process, HP Wireless Assistant is pre-installed on HP devices for operating systems such as Windows 10, Windows 7 and Vista. If you do not find it pre-installed on your HP device or it has been removed, then you may reinstall it along with the latest versions of the wireless network drivers. In the next section, you can learn about the process to install the HP Wireless Assistant on your device.
HP Wireless Assistant Windows 10
Follow the steps given below to download HP Wireless Assistant on your Windows 10 device:
- First of all, you need to go to the ‘HP Drivers and Downloads’ for the model of your device.
- Further, you have to follow some on-screen instructions.
- In these instructions, you might be asked to enter the region and language of the place where you are currently residing.
- Along with this, you might need to enter the model number or product number of the HP device you are using.
- Moreover, you have to enter the operating system running on this device.
- After this, click on the type of operating system you are using and then locate the entry for HP Wireless Assistant.
- Further, click on the ‘Download’ button and then ‘Save’ the downloaded file to your desktop.
- In the end, double-tap on the downloaded files and complete some on-screen prompts to install the Assistant without any interruption.
Install from Recovery Manager on Windows 7
Follow the steps given below to install HP Wireless Assistant on Windows 10 if it isn’t there already:
- The first thing you need to do is click on the ‘Start’ button of your device.
- After this, search for the Recovery Manager using the ‘Search’ field.
- From the list of results, select the ‘Recovery Manager’ and allow the action to continue if you are prompted for it.
- When a new screen opens, you have to select the option reading as the ‘Software Program’. You may find it present under ‘I need help immediately’.
- When the reinstallation screen opens, select ‘HP Wireless Assistant’.
- Now, click ‘Next’ to begin the software installation.
- Follow some on-screen instructions and then restart your device.
Hopefully, HP Wireless Assistant is now active on your device and you will see its icon if it has been installed successfully. If you encounter any problem during the downloading process, you may seek expert guidance for the same. On the other hand, you may try to repeat the procedure.